Friday, May 4, 2007

Ergo Proxy

Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Ergo Proxy has it all. The main character looks like Evanescence's lead singer with awesome blue eyeshadow, there's a virus that causes robots to become homicidal, a domed city in the future, an Orwellian society, and an adorable little robot named Pino.

I can tell you this, I <3 Ergo Proxy. The why of my love is a little harder to detail. I like fake equations though, so in that sense, it breaks down as Philosophy + Science Fiction + Amazing Animation + Cosplay Potential (yes, I want to cosplay Re-L, she has a great outfit) = why I like this series. It certainly doesn't hurt that it reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell with a dash of 1984. So, unless you're one of those hobotaku who doesn't like to think when they watch anime, I highly recommend adding the first disc to your Netflix queue.

6 comments:

Bunny said...

Sweeeeet. Just put Ergo Proxy in the download queue!

Xodin said...

The screenshot definitley sold me =^_^=

Jo said...

I'll add my vote of approval for Ergo Proxy. The art's better than the story, but even the story's not half bad. I still need to watch the last couple of episodes at some point.

Also, Pino is the best part of the series.

-Josie

Bunny said...

Just finished it this morning (at 5am). I dunno where I read that it had a disappointing ending (imdb.com maybe?) but I think it was quite fitting.

Unknown said...

I loved the art I found, looks good!! Cant wait to see it XD

Badmash said...

uh oh, looks like it's time to find time to blow away time watching ERGO PROXY throughout next weekend XD