Monday, February 11, 2008

My Favorite Ongoing Manga Series

I got into a car accident last week, so I've been a little behind in my reviewing. So, I thought I would tell you all which ongoing (still being released) manga series I am currently reading. These are some of my favorite series, but it doesn't include Genshiken or Death Note for example, because both of those series are finished.

BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - In Volume 10 band is trying to take off, and Koyuki is trying to figure out his relationship with Maho (or if there's even a chance to have one with her). Volume 11 is due out on March 4th.

Bleach - The Bleach gang has returned from the Soul Society, now they have to deal with a new enemy, the arrancar, but are they the real enemy? Volume 23 is due out June 3rd.

Fruits Basket - More of the mystery of the Sohma family unravels. Will Tohru end up with either Yuki or Kyo? Fruits Basket 19 is due out on March 18th

Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service - The team is still helping the bodies of the dead find their rightful resting place. Lots of creepiness and dark humor. Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service 6 is already out, but I'm a bit behind. Volume 7 is out on July 25th.

Nana - Nana is trying to become a star with Blast while Hachi (other Nana) tries to decide between Nobu and Takumi. Nana 9 is due out on March 4th.

Ouran High School Host Club - Haruhi is settling in to life at the Host Club well, and the fun continues. I am behind on this series, only having finished 5 volumes, but there are 10 volumes out. I am hoping for some more consistent plot soon, but I still love the hilarity. I have to say though that the anime is even better, and if you can track it down, check it out.

Venus Versus Virus - Gothic lolita + supernatural = win! Volume 3 is due out March 18th

The Wallflower - The boys are still trying to turn Sunako into a lady and keep the fact that she's still lurking in shadows from her Aunt. In volume 4, Kyohei has to pretend to date Sunako to avoid her havign to go on a blind date. This is another series I am behind on. I have finished the first four volumes and love them more and more. Volume 15 comes out on April 15th.

No comments: